Download and Installation¶
BacStalk is written in Matlab 2017b.
There are two versions of BacStalk available.
- If you don’t have Matlab, you can use a standalone pre-compiled version which requires Matlab runtime R2017b. This version lacks the Matlab figure editor to modify figures created with BacStalk.
- If you have Matlab (later version than 2014b) available, we recommend you downloading the source code and simply running the included file BacStalk.m.
|BacStalk.zip||1.8||2 Mb||Any||Requires Matlab R2014b or later with the Image Processing Toolbox (required) and Parallel Computing Toolbox (optional). Version 1.45 supports Matlab 2018b now!|
|BacStalk_standalone_win.exe||1.8||100 Mb||Windows||Setup will download and install Matlab runtime R2017b|
|BacStalk_standalone_linux.install||1.45beta||100 Mb||Linux||Setup will download and install Matlab runtime R2017b|
|BacStalk_standalone_mac.zip (If you receive an error during installation, please use the fix described here.)||1.8||94 Mb||Mac OS||Setup will download and install Matlab runtime R2017b|
Release notes can he found here.
Installation of the stand-alone version¶
- Windows: Install BacStalk_standalone_win.exe and open BacStalk.exe.
Running BacStalk inside Matlab¶
- Extract BacStalk_source.zip.
- Open Matlab.
- In Matlab change the current path to the folder BacStalk was extracted into.
- Type the following command to launch BacStalk: