Download and Installation¶
Installation Video Tutorial
|BiofilmQ.zip||0.1beta||88 Mb||Windows 10, MacOSX, Linux||Requires MATLAB R2017b or later with the Image Processing Toolbox and Curve Fitting Toolbox. The Parallel Computing Toolbox is optional.|
|BiofilmQ.exe||0.1beta||133 Mb||Windows 10||Does not require MATLAB licence. Internet connection required.|
|Sample_data.zip||0.1beta||631 Mb||Windows 10, MaxOSX, Linux||Sample data for BiofilmQ Tutorials|
We recommend the BiofilmQ.zip-based installation for users that have a MATLAB installation with the appropriate toolboxes listed above.
- Memory: We recommend at least 16 GB of RAM, more is better.
- CPU: We recommend an Intel i5 CPU or faster.
- Screen resolution: We recommend a resolution of 1600px x 1200px or higher. With lower resolutions some panels may only be accessible by scrolling.
- Screen size: We recommend 24” or higher.
- Operating system: BiofilmQ is optimized for Windows 10 but also runs on MacOS and Linux.
- MATLAB version: BiofilmQ was developed with MATLAB R2017b but should be compatible with at least MATLAB R2016a.
- MATLAB toolboxes: Image Processing Toolbox (required), Curve Fitting Toolbox (required), Parallel Computing Toolbox (optional, speeds up computations).
- You can change the font size in the menu bar: View Increase font size or View Decrease font size.
Installation from BiofilmQ.zip¶
- Extract BiofilmQ.zip.
- Open MATLAB.
- In MATLAB, change the current path to the folder BiofilmQ was extracted into.
- Type the following command into the Command Window to launch BiofilmQ:
Installation from BiofilmQ.exe¶
- Change to your Download folder
- To start the installation double-click on BiofilmQ.exe
- In some cases a warning dialogue “Windows protected your PC” appears. Click on ‘more information’ and ‘Run anyway’.
- Next a user account control Window pops-up: “Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device”. Click Yes.
- The BiofilmQ installer starts. Click on ‘next’.
- In the install options, you can pick the file path. The default settings should be alright. Click on ‘next’.
- If you do not have an already installed MATLAB Runtime, you have to download it. Read the licence agreement and click on ‘next’
- Finally you can click ‘Install’ to start the installation.
- Once the installation has finished, click onn ‘finish’.
- You can find BiofilmQ in your Start menu.
Starting the BiofilmQ from a binary executable can take a while, don’t worry. It does work.