Download and Installation¶
Installation Video Tutorial
|BiofilmQ.zip (recommended1)||v0.1.4||97 Mb||Windows 10, MacOSX, Linux||Requires MATLAB R2017b or later with the Image Processing Toolbox and Curve Fitting Toolbox. The Parallel Computing Toolbox is optional.|
|BiofilmQ.exe (without MATLAB2)||v0.1.4||161 Mb||Windows 10||Internet connection required for MCR download.|
|BiofilmQ_MCR.exe (without MATLAB2)||v0.1.3||1.5 GB||Windows 10||MCR included.|
|Sample_data.zip||v0.1.4||631 Mb||Windows 10, MaxOSX, Linux||Sample data for BiofilmQ Tutorials|
1 requires a valid MATLAB license
2 does not require MATLAB licence
We recommend the BiofilmQ.zip-based installation for users that have a MATLAB installation with the appropriate toolboxes listed above.
|CPU||We use Intel i7 (4th generation or later)||Intel i5|
|RAM||We use 64GB or 32GB||16GB|
|Screen resolution||We use 4K screens||1600px x 1200px|
|Operating system||Windows 7 or Windows 10||Windows 7, 10, Linux, MacOSX|
|Hard drive||Depends on your image sizes. We typically use an SSD drive for fast data access.||Depends on your image sizes.|
|MATLAB version||BiofilmQ was developed with MATLAB R2017b or later||MATLAB 2017b, but should also be compatible with at least MATLAB 2016a|
|MATLAB toolboxes||Image Processing Toolbox (required), Curve Fitting Toolbox (required), Parallel Computing Toolbox (optional, speeds up computations)||Image Processing Toolbox (required), Curve Fitting Toolbox (required)|
- You can change the font size in the menu bar: View -> Increase font size or View -> Decrease font size.
Installation from BiofilmQ.zip¶
- Extract BiofilmQ.zip.
- Open MATLAB.
- In MATLAB, change the current path to the folder BiofilmQ was extracted into.
- Type the following command into the Command Window to launch BiofilmQ:
Installation from BiofilmQ.exe¶
- Change to your Download folder
- To start the installation double-click on BiofilmQ.exe
- In some cases a warning dialogue “Windows protected your PC” appears. Click on ‘more information’ and ‘Run anyway’.
- Next a user account control Window pops-up: “Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device”. Click Yes.
- The BiofilmQ installer starts. Click on ‘next’.
- In the install options, you can pick the file path. The default settings should be alright. Click on ‘next’.
- If you do not have an already installed MATLAB Runtime, you have to download it. Read the licence agreement and click on ‘next’
- Finally you can click ‘Install’ to start the installation.
- Once the installation has finished, click onn ‘finish’.
- You can find BiofilmQ in your Start menu.
Starting the BiofilmQ from a binary executable can take a while, don’t worry. It does work.